We, at vpn-advisor.com committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we make it our highest priority to safeguard the confidentiality of any and all personal information you provide to us.
This policy sets out the approach that we take to the collection and handling of any such information and applies to all websites, mobile apps, and other services operated by us (the “Services”).
By using the Services you are deemed to agree to our use of your information in accordance with this policy. We encourage you to take a few minutes to read through and contact us if you have any queries.
In the event of any changes to our approach, we will update this policy and post the latest version on this page – please check back regularly to ensure you remain up to date.
What kind of information we collect?
Most information that we collect from you is linked to non-personal identifiers such as anonymous User IDs or device IDs, and does not enable you to be identified as an individual in the offline world (“Non-Personal Information”). Such Non-Personal Information includes things like your browser type, the type of device you are using, access times, the features or functionality you selected whilst using the Services and your general geographic location. As a rule, we will analyze this Non-Personal Information only statistically in order to prevent errors and to improve our Services.
If you choose to register for our newsletter, we will also collect information from you that does enable you to be identified as an individual in the offline world, such as your name or email address (“Personal Information”). Whether or not you provide us with this kind of information is always entirely under your control. In order to minimize the impact on your privacy, we will never knowingly collect more Personal Data than is strictly necessary to perform the activities described in this policy.
How and when we collect this information?
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us during your use of the Services. This can range from Non-Personal Information, such as the dates and desired destination you ask us to run a search against, to the Personal Information you are required to submit where you wish to register to our newsletter.
In addition to information that you voluntarily provide to us, we also collect certain Non-Personal Information directly from you as you use the Services, as well as indirectly where it is provided to us automatically by the third party application, social networking site (such as Facebook or Twitter) or other website (such as a promotion partner) that you connect to the Services from.
How do we use this information?
To deliver the Services
We use your information to deliver the Services and the specific features and functionality you request. This includes things like generating the search results that most accurately match your search criteria, storing your Personal Information in order to email you newsletters that you have selected to receive.
To optimize & personalize the Services
To deliver appropriate advertising
To work with online advertising companies to display targeted advertising on our website and third-party websites that you visit. This targeting may be based on the information you submit on our website or third-party websites. This targeting may also be based on your activities or behaviors on our website or those of third parties. We may also obtain information about your browsing history from our business partners. To learn more about targeted advertising and how you can accept or refuse (opt-out of) this type of advertisement, we recommend that you visit www.aboutads.info/choices or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
To better understand and improve the Services
We or our third-party service providers may set analytics cookies. These allow us to gather aggregated or segmented information about the types of visitors that access our website and the pages and advertisements that they view. In order to better understand your use of our website, we or our third party service providers may collect information on such use, including pages visited, links clicked and mouse movements. We do not use this information to personally identify you.
To contact you
We use your Personal Information to contact you with email newsletters you have requested. We may also respond to the communications you have sent us.
Do any third parties collect information about me when I use the Services?
How we share your Information?
As a search engine, this website only brokers the deals of the relevant VPN provider websites. Accordingly, a purchase is made on the pages of such VPN provider booking website. In each case you enter into a contract with the relevant VPN provider’s website, data will be collected there directly by the third party. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such third party websites. When you leave or otherwise cease using the Services, or transfer your information from the Services to a third party platform, we encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies of each and every third party platform that you allow collecting information from you.
We may share your information with our corporate affiliates and with third parties for our legitimate business purposes as permitted by law. For example, we may share your information with suppliers who perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information.
We may disclose information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities. This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with others.
How do we store your Information?
Our servers and data centers are located in ,USA, and our software providers may be located there and in other countries. By providing us information, you agree that your information may be transferred to and stored in these countries.. As a result, your personal information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those countries according to laws in those countries. Subject to the applicable laws in such other countries, we will provide the necessary safeguards to maintain protections of your personal information, e.g. by obtaining from the data recipients contractual commitments based on the EU model clauses.
How do we keep your Information safe and secure?
We make the confidentiality and security of your Personal Information our highest priority and we limit access to it to our employees who need to come into contact with it in order to fulfill their role and enable the Services to be provided to you.
Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure and we are therefore unable to guarantee the security of the information which you share with us at your own risk.
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s web browser or device.
How can you choose to opt-out?
Cookies on our website may be set by us, by third parties under contract with us, or by independent third parties such as advertisers.
Our site makes use of both ‘session’ and ‘persistent’ cookies. ‘Session’ cookies remember information from page to page for filtering and completing searches before being removed when you end your session. ‘Persistent’ cookies enable our websites to recognize you when you make return visits to us, and remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. Persistent cookies placed on your computer as a result of your use of our website will never be stored for longer than 12 months from the date of your last visit.
The table below sets out the various types of cookies we use, why we (or relevant third parties) use them, and includes information you can use to control and learn more about the cookies used on our site.
|Cookie Type||Why we use it and additional information|
|Essential||Essential cookies, as their name suggests, are vital to the proper functioning of the website. They enable us to remember your selections between pages, meaning we can pass that information on to our VPN partners without you ever having to re-enter it.|
|Optimization||Optimization cookies allow us to see and track anonymous user data such as click trends, so we can be certain the site offers you a consistently smooth, functional and pleasant experience.|
Do we collect Personal Information from minors?
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If we become aware that a minor is attempting to submit Personal Information, we will remove this information from our records. If you are the parent/legal guardian of a minor who has given us Personal Information, please contact us so we can delete it.
How can I access or manage my Personal Information?
You are entitled at any time to obtain information about all your Personal Information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases, we ask you to pay reasonable fees before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law. Please note that Personal Information is only collected when a user chooses to register for your newsletter. We may request proof of your identity before providing this information. We may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information in some cases. For example, if your Personal information is connected with personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases, we will provide you with an explanation of why you cannot obtain this information. You can also withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information and/or demand deletion or rectification of your personal information at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update, or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request the deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please Contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonably necessary and with prior notice.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. However, the Service Providers we partner with (for example, our advertising partners) may use technology on the Service that “sells” personal information as defined by the CCPA law.
If you wish to opt-out of the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes and these potential sales as defined under CCPA law, you may do so by following the instructions below.
Please note that any opt out is specific to the browser You use. You may need to opt out on every browser that you use.
You can opt out of receiving ads that are personalized as served by our Service Providers by following our instructions presented on the Service:
- From Our “Cookie Consent” notice banner
- Or from Our “CCPA Opt-out” notice banner
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” notice banner
- Or from Our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link
The opt out will place a cookie on Your computer that is unique to the browser You use to opt out. If you change browsers or delete the cookies saved by your browser, you will need to opt out again.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org